The Witness Stones Project, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to restore the history and honor the humanity of the enslaved individuals who helped build our communities, today announced a new affiliation with Manchester High School. The school will be using the Project’s curriculum and landscape markers to expand their teaching of the local history of slavery.
Manchester High School is a school community committed to:
- Living their core values of respect, responsibility, integrity, kindness and perseverance
- Ensuring a high quality education for all
- Continuously improving practices to maximize learning for all
- Fostering positive partnerships among students, parents, families, school personnel and the community
- Maintaining a safe and inclusive school where equity is the norm and excellence is the goal